Jamesco Trading is a leading provider in Medical Equipment and Consumables in Malta operating for nearly two decades. We offer a vast range of Medical Products at the best value for money, good service, fast delivery and ultimately peace of mind.
Sales and Tendering Officer
Jamesco Trading is looking to engage a full-time person to take the role of a Sales and Tendering Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION – SALES MANAGER
The vacancy calls for an applicant who must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Attentive to detail;
- Sales Driven;
- Experience in tendering procedures;
- Be able to work under pressure and capable of sticking to deadlines;
- Be IT literate;
- Be well organised, efficient, flexible and reliable;
- Be committed to deliver a high level of customer service;
- Exhibit a can-do attitude and willingness to learn;
- Follow up on the execution of work, to ensure that delivery timeframes and standards are maintained;
- Friendly and helpful character with a passion for building good relationships with clients;
- Have a very good working knowledge of spoken and written English, Maltese and preferably another language;
- Valid Driving Licence;
- Although not compulsory, individuals with Experience in the Medical Sector will be given preference.
About the role:
- Daily submission of and following up on tenders;
- Liaising with suppliers abroad;
- Record keeping and supporting in general administration office duties;
- Assisting Customers at the retail outlet;
- Visiting clients and presenting products;
- Sending out proposals and following up with the customers;
- Taking and Following-up of orders (product availability, delivery);
- Other related tasks.
Full training and support will be provided upon joining.
Reports to – Jamesco Director
Tasks and Responsibilities include
- Overseeing regional sales, promotions and campaigns.
- Planning and performing the hiring and training of new sales representatives.
- Directing and coordinating all sales activities locally.
- Preparing sales budgets , KPIs and projections and approving expenditures.
- Tracking and analysing sales statistics based on key quantitative metrics.
- Handling and resolving customer complaints regarding a product or service.
- Contacting, meeting with and selling to different companies as per budgets set.
- Creating sales orders with clients.
- Collecting payments when visiting clients and following up on overdue balances.
- Setting discount rates and determining price schedules.
- Serving as the face of the organisation to internal and external partners.
- Making data-informed decisions to drive performance and resource allocation.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients.
- Setting sales quotas and goals.
- Overseeing and monitoring performance of the sales team.
- Identifying emerging markets to identify new sales opportunities.
- Defining and executing territory sales plans.
- Preparing sales report for Director and CFO.
- Weekly update meetings with Director for Sales and/or Director.
Qualities and Skills Required
- Properly groomed at all times.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Efficient record maintenance and organisation skills.
- Effective networking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the products in portfolio.
- Attentive to detail.
- IT literate.
- Efficient, flexible and reliable.
- Be committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Follow up on the execution of work, to ensure that delivery timeframes and standards are maintained.
- Friendly and helpful character with a passion for building good relationships with clients.
- Have a very good working knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Possess a valid driving licence;