Aluminum folding crutch, methacrylate handle and brown tube
Aluminum folding crutch, methacrylate handle and brown tube. Its main characteristics are the following:
- Tube material: aluminum
- Handle material: methacrylate
- Length: 84-94cm
- Foldable in 4 parts. Folded measure: 26 cm
- Maximum weight: 100kg
- Includes plastic cover
- Tip diameter: 16mm. Code: GAR036
The cane is a technical aid for mobility. It serves to facilitate walking, increasing stability, and reducing fatigue or load when walking on the lower extremities, since it allows to unload the weight of the affected leg. The use of the cane allows the user to maintain independence to move around and helps to have a good quality of life, dynamic and active.
For the cane to fulfill its purpose, it is necessary to make good use of it. For this, it is necessary to take into account the following:
- The grip on the handle of the cane must be adequate. The user must feel comfort and security in the support of the hand, choosing the grip that best suits their needs.
- The measurement should cover from the wrist to the floor in an upright position. In other words, the optimal height is the height from the greater trochanter to the ground.
In addition, we must check the state of the support point frequently, since once the rubber begins to wear out, the risk of falling increases and the stick loses grip and, therefore, stability.
Out of stock